Home Insurance

PropertyHeads have teamed up with insurance comparison experts Seopa Ltd to bring you the cheapest home insurance deals from across the market.

  • Search over 40 insurance companies for free
  • Fill in one form and let us take care of the rest
  • Get quotes immediately with no obligation

Compare Home Insurance Quotes

PropertyHeads uses Quotezone.co.uk for all of our insurance comparisons. Quotezone.co.uk is a trading style of Seopa Ltd who are a limited company registered in Northern Ireland, Registered number: NI46322. Registered office: SEOPA LTD, Blackstaff Studios, Floor 2, 8-10 Amelia Street, Belfast, Co. Antrim, BT2 7GS. Seopa Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). The register number for SEOPA Ltd is 313860 and their permitted business is insurance mediation. Seopa Limited is also authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for consumer credit brokerage under reference 562238. See details on the Interim Permission Consumer Credit Register. PropertyHeads’ relationship SEOPA Limited is limited to that of introduction, no common ownership or control rights exist between us. Please note insuro.co.uk cannot be held responsible for the content of external websites and by using the links stated to access these separate websites you will be subject to the terms of use applying to those sites.

Comparing Home Insurance with PropertyHeads

It takes just minutes to complete one form at PropertyHeads so you can compare policies from a wide range of UK insurance providers.

You’ve already decided you want a cheap home insurance quote. But remember your home is probably the most expensive purchase you will ever make, so you’ll want the right home insurance cover too. We’ve got you covered - use PropertyHeads’ free online home insurance comparison system for a cheap home insurance quote today.

We compare quotes for all residential properties including detached houses, semi-detached houses, terraced houses, flats and bungalows. Quotes displayed are provided by our panel of over 40 UK insurance providers. You can compare buildings and contents insurance, buildings insurance or contents insurance by filling out a single online home insurance form.

To compare home insurance quotes simply tell us bit about yourself, your property and the level of insurance cover you require and within minutes we should be able to return multiple house insurance quotes from a range of different providers including AXA, Endsleigh and Hastings Direct.

As well as comparing the price of your home insurance you can also compare the excess amount and if legal and accidental damage cover is included in the policy. Once you’ve found the best home insurance policy for you, buy your home insurance policy online or call the insurer or broker to complete the purchase over the phone.

A Guide to Home Insurance

There is no law prohibiting a home owner from not taking out home insurance. However having home insurance is usually contractually required when a homeowner has a mortgage and is typically covered in the terms of a leasehold agreement. Further, given the size of the investment, it is most definitely prudent to protect your home by ensuring you are fully insured.

Home insurance in the UK typically includes two separate policies, one of which covers the house and buildings, and one of which covers the contents. Homeowners could choose to buy both from the same provider, but may also buy the policies separately from different providers.

House and Buildings Insurance - insures the house as well as all fixtures and fittings, such as fitted kitchen components, bath and shower, fitted cupboards, and fitted decorative elements. Outbuildings such as garages and garden sheds are included, but not all policies cover things like fences, gates, driveways, boundary fences, and swimming pools.

Contents Insurance - usually includes everything in the house that a homeowner or tenant would take with them when they moved.

Types of Losses Covered by Home Insurance

Policy coverage will vary so it is important to read and understand the terms of your home insurance policy. Most home insurance policies will cover damage and loss that occurs for the following reasons:
- Fire, lightning, earthquake, explosion
- Subsidence, landslip, or heave
- Storms and floods
- Malicious damage
- Theft of property, or damage caused by attempted theft
- Leaking water tanks and pipes
- Oil leaks from heating systems
- Falling trees or tree branches
- Breakage of TV, radio, or satellite receivers
- Impact from an aircraft, vehicle, or animal
- Riot

Many home insurance policies do not include coverage for terrorism, or for damage that occurs as a result of poor workmanship. Things like general wear and tear, and the costs of home maintenance will also most likely not be covered.

It is important to check that your home insurance policy includes coverage of personal liability (most policies will). For example, if someone is injured while in the home and the homeowner is found to be legally responsible, insurance may cover some or all of the compensation and legal costs.

Optional Extras

Home insurance providers tend to also offer a wide range of optional coverage including:

- Coverage for accidental damage which can include accidental damage of possessions that are taken outside the home.
- Coverage for legal expenses for incidents relating to personal injury disputes, property disputes, and other specified types of disputes.
- Identity theft cover, which provides financial compensation for any costs incurred when reclaiming identity.
- Home emergency cover, for costs associated with repairs and labour. Some policies may also cover accommodation costs if an emergency forces someone to spend the night in a hotel.
- Note that you may have other insurance policies in place that may cover some or all of these eventualities.

Comparing Home Insurance Policies

Making home insurance comparisons might be easier online, but it’s still important to be thorough when choosing the right policy for you. It’s not wise to base your decision solely on who is the cheapest, you should also check and understand the level and type of cover of each policy as well. Some points to consider might be: cover for damage caused in the home by the homeowner; cover loss or damage to personal items that are taken out of the home; and if the home is let to tenants or stands empty, coverage may be restricted.

It is worth considering if your cheap home insurance policy offers new-for-old or indemnity cover. With new-for-old, the policy covers the replacement cost of possessions and the cost of building a new home. With indemnity cover, depreciation is factored in, so your pay-out will be lower. Indemnity policies are cheaper but you get what you pay for.

Deciding the Amount of Coverage

The amount you are insured for is the maximum amount your insurance provider could pay out if your home and/or its contents are completely destroyed by an event that is covered by the policy. So the primary concern should be to make sure that this sum might actually cover the costs of rebuilding your home, and of replacing all of their possessions with new items.

Note that some insurance companies will offer bedroom-rated cover whereby the coverage level is determined by the size of the house, using the number of bedrooms it has as a guide.

- Reducing your Home Insurance Premium
- Usually buying home and contents policies from the same insurance company will yield a small discount.
- You may be able to save up to 10% if you pay your premium annually up front rather than monthly.
- Increasing the excess on a policy might reduce your premium, but this will cost you more if and when a claim is made.
- Installing a home security system with alarms, BSI-approved locks and security measures could also reduce your premiums on both home and contents policies.

Home Insurance Companies

We compare over 40 insurance companies including:


Complete the Home Insurance Quotes form to find the best home insurance policies for you